Monday, June 04, 2007

Weekend Highlights.




It was a hot and rainy weekend for the most part here in West Michigan. We took a break from gardening and planting flowers, since we got our fill of that over the Memorial Day weekend. So, this weekend consisted of a lot of resting and family time. Highlights included:
Ruby's first vet visit--she is already 16 pounds and the doctor said to expect her to be a VERY BIG dog. Kennedy wants to be a vet when she grows us, so she went along for the visit and got to see the true workings of a vet office. I specifically requested a female vet, since I want Kennedy to see that women professionals fill all walks of professional life.

T-Ball Game--it is fun to see how each girl on our team is progressing. Even the little player who couldn't throw the ball overhand when we started made a pretty decent throw toward first base on Saturday. Each girl is making such positive strides, and it's fun to be part of that growth.

Swimming--We spent a good part of each day swimming in the pool. We purchased this pool last year from one of my colleagues at work, and it has been a great investment. The kids love being able to swim and cool down whenever they want to, and it is great family time. It is amazing to see how exposure to water every day helps the kids to advance their swimming skills and allay their fears of water. Even little Ruby got to take a few dips!
Kick-off of our Summer Kids Program--at church. We are taking a much more relaxed hands-on activity approach to the summer. During the first round, we are teaching collage art (see the photo of the frames--so cute), camping, basketball, and hospitality. The kids were very wired and ready to go....a loud and rowdy but fun morning was had by all.
A nice long Sunday afternoon nap--Have I told you how strongly I believe in Sunday afternoon naps? And when its a rainy Sunday........heavenly! After I got up, Kennedy and I got groceries to prepare for the new week.
I don't know about you, but I cannot believe that it's June already.....July is right around the corner. Slow down, summer days!


1 comment:

Danielsmommy said...

Sounds like the kids are in LOVE with the pool! Hopefully we can get together soon!!
Take care
~H