Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Girls' Day Out.

My daughter and I enjoyed a fun girls' day out to celebrate a last "hurrah" before she heads back to school tomorrow. We saw the movie "Enchanted" which was such a fun and magical film--definitely worth seeing. We then shopped a bit, and she picked out a new outfit at the GAP (and 50% off, to boot!). Shopping was followed by lunch at Red Lobster--her favorite--and make-your-own-flavor cones at Coldstone Creamery. My choice--cake batter ice cream with Butterfinger sprinkles. Her choice--blue cotton candy with gummy bears (!). But, in usual fashion, she took one bite of mine and decided that mine was much better......so she ate half of mine and we ended up throwing the blue stuff out (minus the gummy bears, of course!). I love days like this where it is just she and I, hanging out and talking and laughing and just having fun together. As we were finishing up lunch, Kennedy turned to me with her big dimples and said, "Mom, can we have Mommy-daughter dates even when I'm big?" Yes, Sweet, Girl. You Bet. I hope you always want to have dates with me, no matter how old you get.

No comments: