With the sun shining brightly and the whole day on the horizon, the kids and I decided to head over to the Meijer Gardens. We have been studying butterflies and the metamorphosis process all week, so we wanted to see the butterflies before the leave at the end of the month. We thought that if we went in the afternoon it would be less busy, but we were WRONG! I think half of Grand Rapids had the same idea we did, included 4 buses chock-full of kids. But, we managed to find some less-populated areas of the gardens to enjoy and explore.

This photo that my daughter snapped cracks me up! This sculpture is entitled "Mad Mom." Enough said.

Due to the hoards of people there, the butterflies were not plentiful....I think they were hiding! But we did manage to see a few.

They have an amazing traveling exhibit of sculture right now....truly amazing and thought-provoking work filled with letters, icons and words. This letter sculpture is so fun....the kids enjoyed finding letters to spell words.

I have so many other cool photos to share today; however, Blogger is informing me that I have used up my alotted free memory space on this blog. So, decision time is here......I have been keeping this blog for over 620 posts, so I hate to move it to another site.....however, I don't like the idea of paying for additional space here, either, when there are so many other free venues. So, stay tuned for more information about the future of "Table Scraps" in the coming days. Until then, enjoy your weekend.....we are heading downtown GR to participate in the Rob Bliss Urban Experiment.....covering the city's sidewalks with chalk art....should be fun and interesting to observe and be a part of!! That, and pack more boxes.
1 comment:
we took the kids last year to see the butterflies. It was a lot of fun, but so many people and not enough butterflies!!!
Post a Comment