I was so happy to wake up to the lazy sound of rain on my window this morning. It has been SO incredibly dry around here....the grass is all brown and crispy, which does not make our barefoot-toes very happy. Hopefully, we can get some more rain in the next few days, to refresh the earth and ease our watering bill! It is nice to have a day to just hang out at home and get some things done. We enjoyed a nice time at the wedding of one of my husband's former players last night. Good long-time friends to catch up with. Young people in love. It is so nice to hang out with people who have known you for a long,long time and who have had important roles in your life....like my second grade teacher, high school softball coach, choir director, and church youth leader....people who know you best and love you anyway! Congratulations, Andy and Jenae. We wish you only God's best as you begin this incredible adventure. So today, we are just watching movies and being together and cleaning up a bit. I am getting ready to head downstairs to do some scrapping and make a few cards. Still reeling from the loss of these two teens....in everything that I do, I find myself thinking things like "I shouldn't be enjoying this breakfast.....Those parents lost their child and probably can't even bring themselves to eat.....I shouldn't be laughing and joyful right now....so many are grieving." And we are too. Even driving close to the site of the accident is painful. We will have the visitation tomorrow and the funerals on Monday. Please pray for these families not only this weekend but in the coming days as they try to resemble some sense of life without their little girls. Unimagineable.
I will resume the vacation highlights on Monday. We are readying to leave for a few days in Chicago, so more great photos are hopefully on the way! Enjoy your Saturday.
Saturday, July 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Nicci..
I read that you're getting ready to head to Chicago..are you going to CHA???
Post a Comment