Friday, April 03, 2009

Happy Birthday, Sonja.

It is amazing to me how many friends I have gained through this crazy thing called scrapbooking. The photo above shows the Michigan group at one of our very first crops a couple of years ago. I love that this group is very diverse--lots of different ages, some professionals, some students, some moms, some singles--all united in the name of art. I love the unique personalities of all of these ladies--some funny, some funky, some extroverted, some quieter, some conservative, some sarcastic, all with beautiful hearts and souls.

Today, one of these ladies, Sonja, is celebrating her birthday (Sonja is the furthest on the right, kneeling). Sonja has a gorgeous family of four sweet boys, a husband whom she adores, and has 2 sisters who are sweet, sassy, and look so amazingly similar to her that it is almost uncanny. Sonja has an amazing sense of humor but, even more, a heart as pure and loving as they get. I remember last July, when my birthday rolled around, Sonja was VERY pregnant with her little guy, Levi, yet was thoughtful enough to send me an amazing pair of pink spa slippers that are so heavenly, I wear them every change I get!! That's just how thoughtful and selfless she is!

Sonja, today is a day to celebrate you! I didn't get a card out (forgive me)......but I know that you've been working hard on getting you and Roy's room decorated into a haven of love (!), so be watching your mailbox for a little something to help that happen! :) Know that you are loved, appreciated and that you inspire, today and every day!

Boys, you be sure to love your Mommy up big today, OK?

2 comments:

Sonja said...

Thank you so much for this beautiful post, I don't know what I did to be blessed to have such wonderful friends, but I am so grateful.

I told Roy that this post kind of pushed my day over the edge from being really wonderful to really, really wonderful. Thank you.

GretaB said...

This makes me smile. :)