I feel like I'm in the midst of the storm right now. These days entail a lot of uncertainty. While I feel a deep sense of peace, I am also well aware of the storm raging in so many different ways around us.
The end of the semester brings so much grading, and student stress, which translates into professor stress.
Moving to a new place is exciting, but the process of moving is overwhelming to me right now.
I think that I am experiencing some delayed sadness over the events that are leading us to move from this place. We had believed that this was the place that we would settle, find community, raise our kids, serve God.....and sad that it is not turning out to be that for us.
Our community seems to be in a really dark place right now, with a lot of backbiting and gossip and blame. People's lives are being affected in lasting ways. With my husband being a school administrator, we are all too aware of very damaging choices that are being made and the consequences of those choices for so many. Satan is actively working in this place right now. Priorities are out of place. Pain is evident all around.
Some of our family members are in the midst of painful circumstances right now.....losing jobs, surgeries, illnesses, ongoing battles with infertility, financial uncertainty. The weight is big.
And yet, through it all, I sense His presence and peace, as He calls me to just rest in the midst of it all. It is so different than what this world says to do, and yet if I obey, I know He is faithful to do a work in all of these situations and to weave these things together for our good and His glory.
Thank you, Lord, for creating and controlling the storm. Thank you that the victory is already Yours and, thus, ours. And thank you for calming your child.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'll keep you in my prayers. I love Casting Crowns. That song gives me goose bumps every time. Where are you moving too?
Nicole - you are a bright spot in the darkness. Praying for you my friend - it is a hard stretch. Lets do coffee real soon. Ally is so blessed by your very generous gift. - i am thining of buyiing the puncher - i will call you soon. Love and Peace -
Isaiah 42:16
Post a Comment