Monday, October 23, 2006

Ever Feel Like This?


Like you are precariously balanced on a tightrope and only one slip away from plummeting into.......I snapped this photo at our recent family trip to the circus, but as I was thinking about today's post, it just spoke to me. Most days, I feel a bit like this man....and some days I feel A LOT like this man.....trying to find balance and wondering what would happen if.....trying to get to my destination but sometimes focusing so hard on each move that I lose sight of the ultimate goal? Ever been there? I know that I am a woman who tries to do it all, who believes with all her heart that she can have her bread, butter it, and eat it, too. And so far in my life, I have seemed to accomplish this..BUT several things have happened over the past couple of months that have shown me once again the truth of my existence.........without God, I am nothing. Without Him in my life, there is no accomplishment. I think we as Christian often flippantly state things like "God is in control" or "Give it to God", but how often do we really stop and ponder the bigger implications of giving everything--EVERYTHING--over to God. I think many times, I tend to look at God as the umbrella in the photo--He is there in case I tip and to give me a sense of security. However, in actuality, if that tightrope rider falls, that umbrella is going to do nothing to protect and save him, nothing. False security. A "looks good" prop. That is NOT what I want my life to say about God, and I am learning that. I am learning what is means to truly submit and commit my entire self to him. It means recognizing my own human failures and the true insignificance of my efforts , apart from him. It means yielding my owns desires and goals to His greater purpose. It means celebrating even the seemingly mundance daily tasks to which He has called me, because they are part of His Perfect Plan. This life is an awesome adventure, and God is growin me.......next time I am striving for balance, I know that He will remind me that in Him, all is in perfect balance.

No comments: