
Remember the joy of anthing blue? Blue raspberry Slurpees, blue suckers, blue pixi-stix, the brighter bluer the better? There is just something joyful and abandoned about blue, isn't there? About looking in the mirror to see the beautiful traces of blue on your lips and tongue. About the faint hint of blue around your mouth that proclaims, "I just ate something blue!" As I mother, I must admit that a small part of me cringes at this photo of my son....how much sugar, additives, and who-knows-what-else was in this bluer-than-blue sucker? But then, the rest of me overrides that voice and just celebrates the joy of all things blue! And this joy isn't just for kids!! Just the other day, I enjoyed a blue Icee with my kids, just before I had to go up to my daughter's school for a meeting. Yes, my tongue was left blue, and my initial thought was to do some quick tonque-scrubbing before I left. But then, I stopped and made the conscious decision to leave my tongue blue and to JUST LET JOY BE! And whenever I have a choice, no wimpy yellow or orange flavoring for this 34-year-old Mommy of two, no way.....MAKE MINE BLUE!

No comments:
Post a Comment