LAst night and today, I attended a conference with some of my girlfriends. The conference was a Christian mother's conference focused on the amazing calling of motherhood. It was a time of relaxation, laughs, great blessings, and being challenged. The big truth that I walked away from was this reminder: The work that a woman does at home as a wife and/or a mother is more important than any other ministry to which she could give her time. So often, I can get caught up in leading this group and being involved in that ministry and helping my kids' teachers at school, that our home--creating a safe and nurturing haven for my family--gets only leftovers. That needs to change. Starting today, I am asking God to help me discern how I devote my time to outside causes. I am going to limit my time working in church ministry for the next year so that I can focus on my biggest ministry calling--my home. There are so many things that can pull us away from home--even things that are in themselves very positive and God-honoring--but I want to be more intentional about nurturing and creating and sustaining our home life.
Tonight, the kids are at Grandma's and I am just enjoying watching a couple of movies and just enjoying some down time.....tomorrow brings our annual pumpkin carving day with my in-laws, and it is always a very fun and festive time.....I'm sure lots of photos will follow. Pleasant dreams and for all you wives and mothers out there.....never discount how crucial your role at home is.......and how much your husband and/or kids need to be there fully present.
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment