Monday, October 01, 2007

40 years ago.....

..........this photo was taken. A four-year-old boy with his little St. Bernard puppy. What you can't see is that there is a proud Momma dog named Queenie with several more little puppies from the litter. And something else you don't see is that this is just two of the boys....there are four other boys not shown, all from the same parents.

This is a sweet photo of my husband in his boyhood. Before this past weekend, I had never seen this photo. I love its simplicity and warmth. My husband often tells our kids stories about Queenie and her puppies, and Kennedy and Hayden love, love LOVE these stories. So this photo is an extra special tie between generations of our family.

How fitting that I would get this photo on my husband's 44th birthday.

We celebrated my husband today......had a dinner out at the Outback.......cake with candles, that we all (of course) had to help make, decorate, and blow out the candles on. We gave Matt 4 new pillows (he is always complaining about the down pillows that we have...they tend to shed lots of little feathers all over), and a digital photo frame loaded with photos of the kids and us for his office. Happy 44th, Honey! We love you and are always on your side. Thanks for taking care of us and working hard for us and loving us.

1 comment:

Sonja said...

I love the photos, old(er)and new. Your husband is a lucky man:) He has a beautiful family!