Sunday, December 09, 2007

So Behind.

Here it is, the 9th of December, and I am already feeling behind. Here is a photo of our family Advent house, and I wish that I could say that its little doors were filled and we were up-to-the-day with opening the numbered doors. But the truth of the matter is.....only half of the boxes are filled and we have yet to open the doors. The first days of this month have just slipped away from me. I am feeling like such a bad-holiday-mom, but I am hoping that I can make up some lost ground this week. We have a few touches of Christmas around the house, including:

The tree is up and waiting for decorations.

The Christmas nativities are on the mantel, and the kids' nativities are on the hearth for them to play with as they choose.

The Christmas book collection is in the basket next to the fireplace.

I ordered a new stocking for Ruby.

I have started to a buy a few gifts and some stocking stuffers, but I really need to get through this grading first to start focusing on Christmas preparations. Today, we attended a Christmas dessert at the Meijer Gardens....so gorgeous. They have the most amazing display of Christmas trees from around the world.....Denmark, Belize, Mexico, France, Ireland....my favorite this year was from Japan, with its strings of colorful origami birds. We have some delectable desserts and enjoyed some tropical temperatures in the atriums, along with a charming holiday train that circled through the lush plants. If you live in Michigan, you just have to visit the gardens when you can.....you will not be disappointed.

Today also included our final Christmas program rehearsal at church. It went pretty well, and it will be fun to see the kids perform next week. We had dinner tonight at some friends' house, and the kids had so much fun playing with their little girl. Tomorrow brings spelling tests, preschool, and an end-of-the-semester party with some of the advanced psychology students. Time to get back to those papers......

No comments: