Today was a very busy productive day, as we get into the swing of the holidays around here. Hallelujah! my grading is completely done, and I can now turn my attention to Christmas and all the fun things we do to celebrate this time of year. On the to-do list for the week:
Monday-->shopping for stocking stuffers; visit to the Critter Barn for their live nativity display and interacting with all the animals
Tuesday-->
Wednesday-->Hayden's Preschool Christmas Tea; bake and decorate Christmas cookies;
Thursday-->Making gingerbread houses with Kennedy's first grade class;
Friday-->run Kennedy's class Christmas party; drive through the light display at our local ball park; leave for my parents' house for our family Christmas
Whew! I have a lot to do before then, but it's a very fun kind of busy!
Today, we spent the morning caroling with Kennedy's Girl Scout Troup at a local nursing home. There is nothing like children singing to put one into the Christmas spirit. Then on to some errands, a mommy-daughter lunch out at Cracker Barrel, and decorating the outside of the house. I never go overboard on lights, but I like to have a few strings of white icicle lights hanging from the porch. I also tied new bows for the wreaths and looped pine garland on the porch. The photo below was about half-way through the process...I had to take a break and warm up because it was very COLD! I will post photos later in the week of the finished look. Tonight was shopping for new week's class party, getting all the supplies for Christmas cookie making.
Tomorrow morning brings our church Christmas play, entitled "The Rainbow of Christmas." I wrote the play and am directing it, so I am nervous but looking forward to seeing the kids do their thing....then a long, long, LONG Sunday nap!!

No comments:
Post a Comment