Sunday, February 03, 2008

Not So Super.

Here is a sneak peek of the project that has consumed most of my weekend. I finished it last night about midnight and then developed a killer headache that is just now subsiding. I woke up this morning (Sunday) with a headache and nausea that kept me down for most of today. That is a bummer any day, but it was especially hard today.

First, it is Super Bowl Sunday which is an important day for any football coaching family. We had plans to attend a party at some friends' house; so, my family went off without me and i stayed here to try to get caught up on laundry.

Second, I am leaving for a business trip to New Orleans on Tuesday. That means that I have to have all the laundry done, the week's clothes for both kids layed out (if i want them to go to school matching, that is!) and.....because my mother-in-law is coming to help with the kids while I am gone.....a thorough cleaning. I am stressed to the max, which hasn't helped the headache, and is probably the cause for the headache in the first place.

I just checked the weather in New Orleans and it is supposed to be in the 70's all week. I am excited to go. Matt and I went for a week 8 years ago, before the hurricanes, so I am interested to see the contrasts. And, given that it is the last week of Mardis Gras, I am very interested to see New Orleans in the midst of what it is notorious for. I plan to post each day over my trip, so you can live Mardis Gras vicariously through me.....though I don't plan to go anywhere near Bourbon Street, I can tell you that much!

I am not even watching the Super Bowl. I'm just not in the mood. But I do hope that the Patriots win, and I'm sure I'll read all the highlights in the paper tomorrow. Sounds like a Super Bowl Grinch, huh?? Off to fold the towels.......

3 comments:

Danielsmommy said...

Nicci,
The sneak peak is beautiful.
When you can, please post more pictures! Sorry you don't feel better and I hope things get better for you over the next few days.
Enjoy your vacation, spend lots of time just enjoying the warm weather!!
~H

Celebrate Today said...

Wow! I can't wait to see more of that project when you can show it! Good luck with it!!

Have a fantastic vacation (and I promise I'm not sending you voo-doo vibes in that warm weather I so crave)! Travel safely!

justem said...

Your project was AMAZING! So glad you made it to round 3!! :)