While I am teaching summer school this week, my little guy is staying at my in-laws' to be pampered a bit by Grandpa and Grandma. It just makes it a lot easier for me to concentrate on my course, while he gets to spend important one-on-one time with them.But I miss him. A lot.
The house is quiet. Too quiet.
Yes, it is amazing that the house has stayed much cleaner with him gone. The toys have stayed picked up. The DVDs have stayed in their cases rather than being scattered all over. I haven't tripped over his Speed Racer cars and pirate ships and baseballs.......
But I haven't hear his laugh. Haven't heard him singing the Speed Racer theme song at every possible opportunity. Haven't felt his arms and heard "I love you all my heart and soul" in his little voice in a couple of days.
I miss him.
This photo was a "mistake" when I was trying to get a photo of us together on his last day of preschool last week. And I almost deleted it but I love it. Love what it says about our connection. Boy, do I miss my little guy.
Hurry up, Friday.

No comments:
Post a Comment