Today was one of those days like I remember so fondly from my childhood. Getting hit with more than a foot of snow. Having school called off. Staying home all day to rest and play in the snow. Perfectly nothing to do except stay home and enjoy your family. Though the day was laid back, I did get quite a few holiday preparations accomplished, along with lots of play time with the kids.

We finally made up this gingerbread house; I have had the kit for 2 years, and we have never quite gotten to it. The kids had so much fun creating the house, and the candy was actually still pretty fresh considering how old it was.

The one bummer about today's snow day was the cancellation of the kids' school Christmas parties. So, to make up for it, we had a little Christmas party at home, and I allowed them each to open a gift. Littlest Pets for Kennedy, and Hot Wheels for Hayden. We spent a lot of the day playing with these new sets together.

I got the small tree up in the front library room, along with hanging some glass ornaments from the curtain rod in the front porch window.

We had several cups of cocoa flowing today...topped with whipped cream and sprinkles, of course.

I framed and hung 9 photos of Christmas memories over the past 8 years, many from when the kids were babies. I hung them in a grid on our family room wall, and we had so much fun remembering stories about Christmas' past. I love the touch of nostalgia that it adds to that room and may switch them out with the seasons.

And, of course, what would a snow day be without lots of outside time playing in the fresh white stuff. The kids had a blast making snow tunnels and an entire snow village, and they are looking forward to playing in the snow again tomorrow. Apparently, we are supposed to get more snow this weekend, so it looks like we will definitely have a white Christmas this year.
And a big THANK YOU to Johnathan W., our wonderful neighbor who came over with his brand new snowblower and saved us from HOURS of snow shoveling.


(I love the pop of red in this one!).
2 comments:
So glad you guys had a good day and that photo grid is such a great idea!! LOVE it!
I like your Christmas touches.
Post a Comment