As you can imagine, while we have loved the homeschooling adventure so far, the kids are missing the daily contact that they have with their friends. So, we planned a slumber party for Kennedy and 2 of her friends from her previous 2nd grade class. As we were planning, we decided that it would be fun to organize the party around a "P" theme. We started out with
Pizza and
Pop at Chicago Joe's (and some fun deep-fried
Pickles for an appetizer......sounds wierd, but they are yummy!).

And all of our snacks for the evening were P's too......
Popcorn,
Pop,
Pretzels,
PixieStix, and the sour
Patch kids that you don't see because the girls gobbled every one up before I could even get a photo!

Our creative activity of the evening involved
Painting Pottery at Naked
Plates, our local paint-your-own-pottery studio. We all had a great time, and I can't wait to see how our
Projects turned out when I pick them up next week after firing.


After we go home, the girls played this game they call
President where one is the President, one the Vice-President, and one the Secretary. I didn't even plan for that P! They had a ball turning off all the lights in the house, using our walkie talkies, and flashing their flashlights to fight the bad guys who were out to get the president. YOu have to love their imagination at work!
After, they watched the princess-flick "Enchanted" and fell asleep just after midnight. This morning, they were up before 8:00 running around the house playing president again. We then enjoyed our final P--a Pancake breakfast.
We are
Pooped after
Partying......and at least there was no
Peeing the bed or
Puking!!!
4 comments:
You are such a good mom. I bet they had a fantastic time. Be Proud of all the effort you put in to make it such a fun time for those adorable girls!
That looks like FUN! I wish I could have partied with you all:) I love the games kids make up. My boys are always playing some wacky thing that they completely understand but I'd be lost if I tried to play with them:)
sounds like a Pretty Perfect Party!!
It sounds and looks like a fantastic party! Love all the P's. :)
Oh, and that pizza looks delish. Yum! The pickle appetizer...not convinced yet.
Post a Comment