- Sitting on the couch nursering my then-newborn daughter, Kennedy, in the early morning hours of Sept. 11, 2001
- Flipping the TV on and hearing Matt Lauer's voice....the towers have been hit. And then seeing in horror as the footage showed a second plane.
- Just holding my little one tight, praying to God, asking Him what type of world we had brought this precious little one into
- An incredible wash of patriotism; I immediately got out a flag, laid my baby on it, and snapped some photos as she slept peacefully. I will cherish those photos forever as they remind me of God's protection of her, our family, and this country.
- Visiting Ground Zero in April, 2007; crying almost immediately upon approaching the site.
- Wondering how the people around me could be laughing and joking. For me, this was a place to be silent, serious, reflectful, thankful, hopeful.
- Seeing the artwork of the children who had lost parents; thankful that someone had given these children such a powerful way to express their hurt and loss and anger....and HOPE.
- Never looking at the US flag the same way again.
- I will always remember.....and always, always HOPE.
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
I Remember....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment