On Sept. 4, 1999......8 years ago today......my then-boyfriend led me into a darkened gym. In the exact spot where we had met after a ball game just 7 months earlier, there was a chair surrounded by flickering white candles. Our song "Love of My Life" was playing over the loudspeaker. As I cried, he knelt on one knee, professed his forever love, and asked me to be his wife. Happy Engagement Anniversary, Honey. I love you even more than I did that day.
>

And today, Sept. 4, 2007, I dropped my daughter off at school for her very first day of first grade. Her first day of all-day school....eating lunch at the cafeteria....all those "big kid" things that come along with first grade. I'm so glad you had fun today, Kennedy, and I know that this year holds so many wonderful and challenging things for you. I am very proud of how brave and hard-working you were on your first day of first grade, and how you were a nice friend to your new classmates.

1 comment:
Congratulations!!! You look adorable!!!!
Hugs
Suzy
Post a Comment