Sunday, September 30, 2007

Is It Friday Yet?

Here it is, Sunday and I am already needing a weekend. This was one busy weekend.

Friday was homecoming....what a fun atmosphere! We had a great time at the parade, and the kids snagged a huge bag of candy and trinkets.....there is nothing better than a community coming together to celebrate tradition and to support their team. Then on to the football game, where was won 21-10 to raise our record to 4-2. Only 2 more wins to qualify for the playoffs. After the game and crowing of the new BCHS king and queen, we came home to grill burgers for the coaching staff. It was after 1 am by the time I got into bed.

Saturday was time for scrapping! I got up before 6 to finish packing my things to head to our local scrap store to meet up with some new friends from Scrap in Style.....what a fun and playful group! While some of us got more scrapping done than others (:)), a great deal of fun was had by all! After scrapping all day until 9 pm, we had a late dinner at Perkins, where we continued the fun and even met a new friend, waitress Susan. We learned a little too much about Susan, including that she had 5 ex husbands and liked to give away free pie! I got home after 10 pm and then stayed up until 1:30 am finishing some pages for my in-laws' anniversary scrapbook.

Today, I was up before 6 am to head to Mt. Pleasant, where we were celebrating my in-laws' 50th wedding anniversary with a big open house. We all attended church together at 10:30 and then spent the day hosting the open house, meeting people from my husband's childhood, and honoring my amazing mom-and-dad-by-marriage. After the festivities, we got home around 9:00 pm, in time to read stories, practice spelling words for tomorrow's test, and get into bed. My word, I am exhausted all over again just recounting the weekend!

Oh, and did I mention that today is my husband's 44th birthday?? It kind of got lost with all the anniversary festivities going on, but we did sing Happy Birthday at the Open House. We are going to celebrate with dinner and cake tomorrow, but for tonight......Happy Birthday, Honey. You are still my soulmate, my hero and my knight.....my partner, my confidant, and my best friend. I love you to the depths of me.....how special it was to dance today to "Grow Old With Me".....the song we danced to on our wedding day.......may we some day be able to celebrate 50 years together just like your parents did today. Photos to come.......

No comments: