Sunday, November 18, 2007

Find What Doesn't Belong.....

Over breakfast this morning after church, I was reciting my grocery list to Kennedy, and she was writing the list for me. She is really into spelling these days, so she loves to make lists. After breakfast, I put the list into my purse and didn't look at it again until tonight, when I was at Meijer getting some groceries for Thanksgiving party preparations. So, I pull the list out of my purse and start reading.......corn muffin mix (for Hayden's preschool tasting feast tomorrow), pumpkin pie (for Kennedy's class' feast on Tuesday), corn, hamster.........HAMSTER? I had to laugh out loud, and I chuckled throughout my whole shopping trip. I tell you, you just have to give her credit! She has been obsessing over getting a pet hamster for Christmas, so we are in the position of deciding whether or not to make her dream come true and add one more species to our home.


I found some cute little heart-shaped muffin foil cups so decided to make my corn muffins into hearts. The 4-year-olds should love them tomorrow at the tasting feast.

My sister and I had a nice weekend scrapping, sharing meals, and just catching up. It has been a long time since we have spent 2 days together without kids or husbands, so it seemed really nice to reconnect. Today was pretty much church and resting and getting groceries and making sure everything is set for this week's cooking. See you tomorrow for the first day of Thanksgiving festivities.


1 comment:

ruth said...

LOL.........love the hamster on the list. Okay, so if I know nothing else about your daughter......she's clever and VERY persistant! :)

Glad you had fun with your sis.....I SO need a scrapping weekend.

Do you have any plans to scrap on the first saturday of december? Let me know. rtacoma@centurytel.net