I am a strong believer in women needing time away from their families to nurture themselves and pursue their creative soul, whatever that may look like. I try to have 4-6 weekends per year to myself, and for me, that usually involves scrapping time.
This weekend is one of those weekends. My husband is manning the kids this weekend--they have lots of fun things planned like cleaning rooms, working on Monday's spelling words, and going to see "Bee Movie." And I am planning lots of my favorite things here from my hotel room in the Detroit area.
I arrived last night after the 2 hour trip, which included a stop at a very fun and well-stocked scrap store in Brighton. I ordered to-go from Romano's Macaroni Grill--some kind of rolled pasta with chicken and spinach (YUM!)--and enjoyed a good dinner followed by a cup of hot tea and some much-needed relaxation time.
Today, we are scrapping all day at Archiver's, but I hope to squeeze in a trip to IKEA--I have never been to one, can't wait! as well as scrapping until midnight. Tomorrow, I'm planning for a pretty low-key day of sleeping in a bit, scrapping some more, and making my way back home.
Weekends like this are good to help me get back in touch with me as a WOMAN rather than just me as a MOMMY. It's not that the 2 are totally separate, because once you are a wife and a mom, I believe that that changes the fabric of who you are as a woman to the core; but it just gives me as a human being a chance to breathe deeply without having to fulfill the needs of my husband and children. And I always return much more ready to meet their needs and be fully present for them. Off to the shower to prepare for my day! Even if you don't have this full weekend to nurture yourself, I hope you all take time to do something that feeds your spirit. Happy Saturday!
Saturday, November 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm so glad you're enjoying your weekend away! Wish I could be there to scrap all day today. Have a great time and enjoy your break!!
~H
Post a Comment