After the cab ride back to my hotel, I discovered a very cool and funky jazz band playing outside the hotel. And let me tell you.....this ain't no high school marching band! These boys could play and sing and entertain....all for whatever loose dollar the crowd would throw into their cardboard box. And there was the sweetest little homeless woman who was smiling and dancing and pinching every man's rear end when they walked up to put a dollar in the box....talk about joy in one's circumstances! Of course, I think she had a little "liquid help" in her to help the joy along, but nevertheless......It was a very fun and relaxing evening. Tomorrow brings my last day of sessions, and I'm also going to do a little souvenir shopping for the kids and check out the historic garden district. Night.
Thursday, February 07, 2008
Beautiful Music.
After the cab ride back to my hotel, I discovered a very cool and funky jazz band playing outside the hotel. And let me tell you.....this ain't no high school marching band! These boys could play and sing and entertain....all for whatever loose dollar the crowd would throw into their cardboard box. And there was the sweetest little homeless woman who was smiling and dancing and pinching every man's rear end when they walked up to put a dollar in the box....talk about joy in one's circumstances! Of course, I think she had a little "liquid help" in her to help the joy along, but nevertheless......It was a very fun and relaxing evening. Tomorrow brings my last day of sessions, and I'm also going to do a little souvenir shopping for the kids and check out the historic garden district. Night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
oh thank you for showing those photos from New Orleans- I love them and they bring back happy memories. New Orleans was on my first trip and road trip to the States , 14 years ago - and i loved it there a lot.
Congrats on making the second round at Sis!
Nicole- Inspiring. That's what you are girl. You are a wonderful blessing, glad you made it through to the next round :) God is GOOD!!! All the time yeah!!!
Woot- I'm praying for you and hope you have fun in this next round too okay?
ps: Love you work- truly creative & inspiring me.
-Debee Campos
drummergirl
LOVE the story about the couple dancing, lucky you to have seen that:) I'm glad you're having such a good time in N.O., enjoy the rest of your time there, Michigan and tons of snow are anxiously awaiting your return:)
so glad you are having such a great time! Have fun shopping, and I can't wait to see the layouts you create with these wonderful photos!
Post a Comment