Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Spring Break To-Dos.

My spring break begins tomorrow at 6:00 pm....can I hear a loud "AMEN!" Seriously, where did January and February go? I feel like I just packed the Christmas stuff away, and here we are on the brink of spring.

As I am sitting here having breakfast in my favorite cafe (eggs, toast and bacon, with a decaf. coffee and a large Diet Coke), I am trying to set my plan for what I want to accomplish next week in my time off. So here is the list as it stands right now:

Sort clothes......Bring a LARGE load to Byron Ministries. I would really like to pare my wardrobe down to only those things that I love and that are high quality.

Paint bedroom; When we bought this home, all of the walls were some shade of white. Now, I have painted nearly all of the rooms, except for two upstairs bathrooms and our bedroom. I would love to get this painting done next week.

Organize scrap studio.........Let's just say that we have the "creative whirlwind" look going on in there at the moment. I have been working on some big projects, and my supplies have migrated into the whole basement. I am going to move the guest bed out of my room (sorry--if you come to visit, we'll set you up on a really cozy pull-out bed, I promise!) to make room for another set of shelves. I need to sift through and organize my paper and embellishments, and I'm going to send out a huge box of stuff to my new friend, Christy, who I met in New Orleans. She lost all of her kids' baby photos in the hurricanes, and she is basically just starting over. She has 5 kids and I helped her make her first scrapbook page while I was visiting a scrap store in New Orleans. BTW, if you have some old but nice supplies that you won't use, I would love to send them to Christy.....leave a comment, and I'll send you my address.

Hang curtains in laundry room and get all of the walls decorated; I painted my laundry room right before Christmas, and I got some cute curtains from IKEA. Now, I just need to hang the curtains and get my decor on the wall. I am hanging letters to spell the word "FRESH" (to counteract the effect of my hubby's stinky socks and BVDs in there) and I bought a rub-on from UpperCase Living that says "Loads of Fun"..the perfect sarcastic sentiment regarding laundry, if you ask me! This room looks really cute in my mind, now I need to bring that vision into reality.

Create: I want to spend some substantial time next week just creating! I have a few ATC sets to finish, and some photos from the last couple of months that I want to scrap.

I am not totally rigid about getting all of these things accomplished, because I also want to have some relaxation time, but I would love to get as many of these projects as possible knocked off my list.

Next Friday, Matt and I are headed to Traverse City for a long weekend. The kids are going to Grandpa and Grandma's for a weekend of fun. Matt will be at a conference most of the time, so I will be doing a bit of scrapping, a bit of shopping, visiting some friends that live up there, and lots of sleeping in! We have done this for the past 3 years and I really enjoy the time away, just us. Well, off to buy my new "Big Bite" before picking up Hayden from school.....and for all you non-scrapppers out there, that is the latest and greatest hole-puncher for use with chipboard and other scrap projects. Happy {Sunny} Wednesday!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Have a great spring break!!! I hope you get lots of your list done!!!

A weekend in TC, how wonderful!!

I might have a few things for your friend, when will you be sending your stuff onto her??

Must.Be.A-Follower. said...

wow, sounds like a great list of goals. for the curious and creative around here, how 'bout a pic of your laundry room (wanna see the pretty paint color) "before" and then also one "after"?
inspire us! = )
~thanks!

scrapnic72 said...

Camille, OK, just for you! I will have a photo of my laundry room once I get it all decorated and the curtains up!!

Celebrate Today said...

Enjoy your break and good luck with your list!!