
Yep, you guessed it. Today brought Hayden's field trip to Chuck E. Cheese, which, I must admit up front, is not my favorite place in the world. But, as Hayden reminded me today, "But Mom, it's where a kid can be a kid!" Score for the advertising executives who have targeted the age 3-10 population to sway their parents' buying decisions! Anyway, we did enjoy some fun games, won a zillion tickets which translated into 11 cheap trinkets (which, by the way, might just as well have been gold to my son), and met Chuck E. Cheese in "person"....So, while Chuck E. Cheese is definitely not my idea of an ideal educational field trip....it did fit the bill for a four-year-old's idea of a great morning. Highlights included:
The stomping on spiders game.....
The shooting up deer game.......
The shooting baskets game.....
The roller-coaster simulator.......
The monster truck ride...........
The crush-the-car game...........
Hmmmmm.......I'm just realizing how different it is to take a little boy to Chuck E.Cheese, as opposed to my daughter, who tends more toward the milder games like the popcorn bucket game and the throw-a-ball-in-a-basket game.......interesting.
Tomorrow brings the excitement of grandparents' day at Kennedy's school, after which we are taking our moms out to lunch to celebrate Mothers' Day a bit early. I also hope to get all of my grades finalized and scrapbook a bit, so Friday should be an all-in-all good day.

1 comment:
Yes, Chucky Cheese can be a tad overstimulating. I'm glad your little guy had such a good time.
Post a Comment