Can it be already? I already feel my summer break slipping away....every year, I try to slow it down, but I am all too aware that it will be August before I know it. So I am working hard at really trying to be PRESENT in the moment and to savor these summer days before both of my kids will be heading to every-day school in the fall.
Today was a gorgeous day. Church as amazing....an incredible message and great music and just good to be with God's family. After church, we grabbed breakfast and then, on a whim, topped it off with Coldstone Creamery. While we were eating our dessert (yes, I know, dessert after breakfast....hey, it's summer!), we sat out by this little pond. Within minutes, we were surrounded by ducks and geese which seemed to come out of nowhere. I don't know about you, but geese make me a little nervous when they get to close to my kids (or me, for that matter!)...and these were close. And we were surrounded on three sides with geese who obviously equated the presence of humans with FOOD. And then, my husband made the cardinal error....he threw them a little piece of his waffle cone. My motherly instinct went WAY up as these geese got within inches of my kids and were sort of hissing. The kids thought it was great! It ended up being one of those "funny but a little uncomfortable" experiences that had the kids talking all the way home.
After that, I took a nice long nap. Yes. ANd now, I am making dinner (taco salad) after which we are headed out for a long family bike ride.
This week will be a full one, with lots of last-week activities for Kennedy and some creative projects for me. Oh, and I need to get my sunflowers planted because I AM going to have a sunflower patch this year if it kills me! Pictures to follow, if my plans materialize!
Sunday, June 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Nic, I'm trying my hand at sunflowers this year too!! I've planted one long row, that's all I'm doing until I see these do something!!
Good luck with yours!!
Good luck on your sunflowers, birds always eat my seeds and my father in law laughs at me b/c he grows them without even trying:)
Post a Comment