Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Wednesday Happies.

Ah, this photo just makes me happy today. Ever since I saw http://aliedwards.typepad.com/_a_/2008/05/index.html in Ali Edwards' Life Artist book, I have wanted to do one for our family. I just love how all the little pieces of life are showcased here. I haven't been able to find one around here in Michigan, so I have been bidding on them on E-Bay. And I guess that I hit the proverbial type-drawer jackpot this week; I bid on this first one, and got into a bidding war that went right down to the wire; I won it for 60.00 plus shipping. While it was a bit more than I had hoped to pay, I wanted it so splurged on it. Then, I was casually bidding on a second one, which was only at like $9.95 with a couple of hours to go in the auction. So I kept bidding thinking "I'll just take this up to $40.00 and then let someone else have it. Well, I got it up to just about $30.oo.....and then noone else bidded. So, I ended up with 2 of them. Ths first arrived today, and it just makes me smile with the possibilities. I will be working on it this summer and will be sure to post photos when finished.

And, here's a riddle about the second thing that is making me happy today. Where in the world can you:

  • Share lunch of a hotdog, pizza slice, 2 diet cokes, and a strawberry yogurt sundae for just over $5.00?
  • Stock up on snacks for the entire summer in one fell swoop?
  • Pay $15.00 for a bag of rawhides that will keep your chocolate lab content all summer?
  • Find beautiful berries for a fraction of the price you pay at Meijer? And yummy bright red sweet cherries....I can't wait to dig in!
  • Nibble on yummy samples throughout the store as you shop....melon, dips, breads....mmmmm.?
  • Find plastic scrapstorage for half-price compared to what Michaels charges for them?
  • Buy 4GB CompactFlash memory cards for $30.00 using the 8-dollars-off coupon (Best Buy charges $90.00)?

Any guesses? Yep. COSTCO. Hayden and I spent part of the morning stocking up at Costco, and I am reminded that when you are careful and choose wisely there, you really can save a lot of money. Here's a bit of what we came home with today:

Only 1 1/2 days left of school!

5 comments:

Danielsmommy said...

Oh how I wish we had a Costco!!!!

S is going to a football thing next week Monday through Thursday(so obviously he is one of the assistants at M now). Daniel and I are thinking of making a trip to GR to do the zoo and hang out(maybe stay the night at the Holiday Inn) are you guys around?
We are thinking Tuesday sometime...
How does your schedule look?

Greta said...

Yeah, I wish we had a Costco too.

Great score on the type drawers! Can't wait to see what you do with them - I'm sure it'll be amazing.

Sonja said...

Whoo hoo on the type drawers!!!! that is awesome:)

Lori said...

Can't wait to see your type drawers done!!!

YAY for 1 1/2 more days of school!!!

Celebrate Today said...

Looking forward to seeing that project when you're done!