Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Party Week.

This week is pretty much about celebrations for my first grade girl. Yesterday, the kids enjoyed a Water Party for meeting their Reading Counts goals; Reading Counts is a reading comprehension program where the kids read books and then take a short comprehension quiz over their book. Kennedy met her original goal mid-way through the year, so it was doubled and she met it without a problem. Because she is reading longer books (she is on chapter 32 of the 37 chapter Harry Potter Book #4), it takes her a lot longer to get to the point of being ready to take a quiz, but she seems to retain the information to do well on the quizzes. Good job, my little reader. The water party consisted of a swimming pool filled with ice (brrrr!), a home-made tarp slip and slide down the hill, sprinklers, hoses, water games and ice cream......a fun time had by all and great opportunity for some fun photos.

And today was the kids' final Loop Party of the year. Their teacher does a behavior program wherein the kids earn loops for good behavior; when the string of loops reaches the ground, they earn a Loop Party.....an afternoon for PJs, pillows, movies and a treat. The kids love these days and it has been a good motivator for them.


Kennedy went off to school in one of her new summer shirts, a cute fabric-quilted ice cream cone that just screams SUMMER!.....I just love Mini Boden because they have unique graphic tees. It is a European company, and it costs a bit more, but they are exceptional quality and well worth it. I just love this shirt, and add some red-and-white polka dot ribbon for the piggies (from my scrap-stash), and she was going off looking cute as a bug.

And, imagine! These paper and embellishments that I picked up at Michael's yesterday will be perfect to scrap these photos. The line is "Berry Sweet" by K&Company, and it is fruity, bright, and fun. If you love cute little owls and whimsical fruit and bright patterns--and especially if you have a little girl to scrap--you need to check this line out!
Happy 3rd Day of June! What will you do today to make it count?

2 comments:

Danielsmommy said...

What great photos! They really SCREAM summer! I love that company too! I just got my first catalog a while back in the mail. While I haven't ordered anything, I do have a few shirts from there that were passed down to Daniel. Great quality!
Hope your summer kick off is great!

Take care!!

Sonja said...

She is such a doll...her sweetness just jumps through the lens. I can't wait to see the loveliness you create with those papers:)