Friday, August 01, 2008

Slumber. NOT.

This is what our entry looked like tonight as we welcomed 9 7-and-8-year old girls to Kennedy's first birthday slumber party. We have been planning this and getting things ready all week, and Kennedy was so excited...."This is the best party of my life" she has said many times.
The party has gone so smoothly so far.....only one "freak out" moment when Ruby ran into the room where the girls are and practically scared one of the girls out of her mind. Other than that, the girls are getting along, no "girl drama" yet, and everyone seems to be having lots of fun. The agenda has included.....
Swimming (lots of swimming), including Marco Polo and making whirlpools; jumping on the tramp with the sprinkler underneath; watersliding; pizza and punch; making friendship pins to put on signed bucket hats (so cute); more swimming; ice cream cupcakes from Maggie Moos; painting and decorating fingernails; opening gifts; snacks; movies; and one good pillow fight. It is just before midnight, and I am putting the second movie in for them...I'm hoping this one will lull them to sleep so I can at least get a few hours.
And what makes it all worth it? The 2 girls who have come up to me just to say "This is the best party I've ever been to!"

3 comments:

ruth said...

What a great event! You know the things you do with and for your kids will be remembered forever. :) I love reading your blog.....you are a fantastic mom!

Sonja said...

I think that would be the best party I've ever been too as well! So glad it's been such a success:)

Heather said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Hope you got a few moments of sleep!!!

H