Tuesday, February 24, 2009

In Boston.

Well, I arrived in Boston yesterday, after a smooth but tiring morning of traveling. I sat by a delightful man from Grand Rapids on the plane, and that always makes the plane ride go more quickly.

Last night, I ate dinner at a place called Fire and Ice, a restaurant where you choose your ingredients and they cook it on a huge open fire grill in front of you. It was a fun, upbeat atmosphere....topped off by the house specialty chocolate layer cake.

There are so many things that I would love to do in my spare time here. So far, I am trying to schedule in the following:

Visit to Harvard Yard and surrounding bookstores
Boston Aquarium
Traveling the Freedom Trail
Lots of photos of historic sites

You can just sense the history here. So many of the buildings are architecturally amazing, and I have seen a few stone churches that are extremely old and just overflowing with historical air.

Well, I had better get down to the conference to register....after all, that IS why I'm here! I hope to post some photos later on.

1 comment:

Celebrate Today said...

Can't wait to see your shots! Have a wonderful time!!