Kennedy woke up vomiting yesterday, so I got her settled on the couch before heading off to teach. By the time noon rolled around, Hayden was also on the couch spiking a fever and vomiting. I had hoped to arrive home after classes to two on-the-mend kids; but, instead, what I found were 2 kiddos wiped out sick on the couch, along with a husband who was not feel well.So, we are laying low around here today. We have done a few learning activities, but nothing too strenuous. This is yet another advantage of homeschooling...the flexibility to take a sick day when the kids need one, rather than having to make that decision of "do I send them to school or not?".
So what do sick children have to do with the photo posted above? While nursing my family, I have been able to make some good progress into the Stephenie Meyer books that I have heard so many things about. I finished the first, Twilight, in less than a day and am well into the second one, New Moon. I am enjoying the suspense and intrigue associated with these books and especially with the main male character, Edward. To be honest, I didn't expect to like them, but they really are quite entertaining and engaging. I purchased the 4-book set to take with me to Boston next week; however, at this rate, I will be finished by the weekend and will need to make another trip to Barnes and Noble.
Oh, well.....there are worse things in life. :)

1 comment:
I'm over having sick family members at my house too. It's no fun, but seems to be a part of our winter routine.
Here's hoping everyone is doing better and crossing my fingers you stay healthy and have a good trip to Boston next week.
P.S. I've missed scrapping with you!
Post a Comment