1) I did make some pretty good health choices when I was in Boston. It can be hard to stay on track when traveling to a new city, but I indulged in a lot of fresh seafood prepared healthily, and only ate Cheesecake Factory cheesecake once! :) And I got a lot of exercise walking in the city--several miles per day. So that was certainly a bright spot in the month!
2) A low health spot in the month was trying out a 5-cheese mac-n-cheese recipe from the food network. It was a pretty delicious gourmet dish, but with it not only boasting 5 types of cheese but also bacon, it was definitely a once-in-a-long while treat. My kids and husband said that they prefer "orange" mac-n-cheese (Kraft) anyway.
3) I can't wait to get started on a regular walking routine outside. I have done OK, but still haven't gotten into the swing of making exercise an everyday and anticipated part of my day.
4) I am following a new book by Julia Cameron entitled "The Writer's Diet." Some of you may know her amazing creativity recovery program called "The Artist's Way," and she has expanded her program to show how writing and creativity can help a person shed pounds and get healthier. It is a combination of daily journalling, prioritizing creativity, and culinary artist dates to help a person prioritize; I am excited about the culinary artist dates, which are basically a weekly time to go out for dinner or lunch and experience a new food or indulge in something you are craving (but within reason). This is aimed at helping you maintain the joy of food while also combating cravings that come from a typical deprivation diet. I will let you know how it is going.
5) We went on a picnic on Monday and found this, proof that spring is actually on its way:
6) Our regular trip to the library. I love that the kids are delving into new genres, like historical fiction, and getting to know all of the hidden gems of the library like the poetry section.
9) We have been having lots of fun around here with Wikki Stix, fun little wax-covered string that you can use to bend and shape into endless creations. If you're looking for something fun that kids love, check them out.10) Tomorrow, we are headed to the GR Public Museum for a special Dinosaurs exhibit that they have going on; we will also probably end up at the Children's Museum for a few hours, so the day will be pretty much spent out and about. I love living so close to so many fun and educational opportunities.
2 days of spring break gone, 5 more to go..........

2 comments:
Sometimes life is about setting priorities, right? I keep trying to remind myself of that . . .
If you guys haven't been, the butterflies are out at Meijer Gardens. We just renewed our membership, so we will be spending lots of time there when it warms up in their Children's gardens and out at the farm. We would love to have your company.
We are planning to head to the Public Museum to see the dinosaurs (they're over there, not at the Ford), so we would love to hear your report. We were there at the planetarium right before the switch. Let me know what you think!
As a Tried and True Detroit Tiger Fan it pains me to see that ugly hat on your kids heads, Just Kidding, It is almost as bad as a yankee hat......eeeeew.
They are still cute regardless of the hat you have them wear.
Go Tigers
Post a Comment