Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It's getting Greener around here.....

And no, we unfortunately did not win the lottery (we don't play) or run into some unexpected inheritance. With St. Patrick's Day and more and more signs of spring showing up, it is just really beginning to green up...and we're so happy about it! Here are a few photos from this week.
Lots of exploring has taken place around here....lots of walks in the back field, through the (muddy) woods, on the trail......equals LOTS of muddy shoes and clothes in the laundry room. But, hey, isn't that what spring is all about? MUD. The photo above was taken WAY back behind our house, and I was able to catch it from our back deck with my zoom....I love how much they are able to do together during the homeschool day.
My two little sweets, all decked out in green...no one was going to pinch them for not having their green on!
This little guy, who I picked up at a bookstore in Boston, showed up a different place every day in March. The kids had to find him every day, and then there would be a pot of gold on St. Patrick's Day. They had a lot of fun, and the pot-of-gold prize was enjoyed by all yesterday (fresh new PlayDough in 20 colors, a copy of the new "Pinocchio", and some mint 3 musketeer bars). This will surely become part of our annual March tradition.
We are fortunate to live by an amazing biking/walking trail, and we took a 2-hour walking adventure this afternoon. Here the kids are on one of the golf course bridges that runs over the trail. It feels so good to be out in the fresh air and hear the birds' spring song.
We are getting ready to leave on a little get-away to Traverse City this weekend; we will spend a couple of days with my parents in McBain, and then the kids will stay with them while Matt and I enjoy a couple of days up in TC while Matt attends a conference and I get some scrapping done. We will then get the kids and take them back to TC for a couple of family days, including a couple of days at the Great Wolf Lodge Water Park. We are looking forward to a few days away before we get into the craze of spring sports.
Here's hoping that it's greening up wherever you are, too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. You are like the world's most amazing mom. Whenever I read the thoughtful, creative activities that you do with your children, I feel grossly inadequate! How do you ever come up with such cute things and how do you find the time to plan them all out so intricately?! You are an amazing woman!!! Your children are truly blessed. I hope that they realize that & feel blessed to have such a wonderful childhood! :) Love you!

Kasey said...

Great pics. You do really cool and neat things with your kids!!