Each March, we have taken the opportunity to head north to Traverse City for the statewide athletic director's conference; while Matt attends meetings, we have made a little couple and/or family vacation of out it. This year, because we are now homeschooling and we didn't have to worry about the kids being back for school on Monday, we decided to extend the time away. Matt and I spent Saturday/Sunday together doing some scrapping, resting and other "couple things" while the kids were at Grandpa and Grandma's house. Then, we met my parents for dinner on Sunday and got the kids for the rest of the time. We spent time resting, shopping, driving up the peninsula through cherry and wine country to the Old Mission lighthouse, and just enjoying our little family. Then...the highlight for the kids....on to a couple of days at the Great Wolf Lodge for some water fun!
Here is our little family at dinner. Surprisingly, the food was very good and presented in gourmet fashion.....Matt and I enjoyed leg of pork in cherry glaze (superb) with baby green beans, while the kids had lasagna and pizza.
Then, off to the water slides! Now, to preface the photo above, I don't particularly remember being terrified by the slides, but this photo looks like I'm screaming bloody murder! I laughed so hard when I saw it, as did my kids! Because my hubby doesn't appreciate water slides, I rode on these slides again, and again and again and again......and AGAIN with the kids. It was fun and exhausting.
It was nice to go at this time of year, because there were very few people and it was very relaxing. So much to do and lots of time to just enjoy being a kid.This week brings our last week before Matt is off on spring break. Our week will involve a little bit of the following:
Egyptian pyramids (including building our own out of sugar cubes)
Review of common and proper nouns
Study of Dr. Seuss as an author
Attending the musical "Seussical the Musical" at Cornerstone University on Thursday
Audio rendition of Rikki Tikki Tavi
Starting new read-aloud (we finished Lewis' Magician's Nephew last week)
Reading out of our new McGuffy Readers (same readers used by many of our historical presidents)
Memorizing poems
reviewing sight words
writing thank you letters to Grandpa and Grandma
Making clay mummy coffins and painting them with gold detailing
Library
Study of April Fools' Day....along with some practical jokes of our own
And whatever else strikes our fancy! Happy last week of March and first week of April.

3 comments:
Sounds like you had a lot of fun. This will give me lots of ideas now if we take the fam to T.C. someday!!
Kennedy looks a lot calmer whizzing down the slide than you do:) Isn't it funny the moments the camera captures? It looks like a fun time...have a great week.
Nicci - I laughed right out loud when I saw that last picture of the kids in the car sleeping, hahaha - OMW - Hayden was bent right over!! Too funny!! I think it's the water - we just went to one too, and my kids were completely exhausted! Great pics :)
Post a Comment