I promised that I would share this yummy new recipe, so here it is. This is a delicious cross between enchiladas and manicotti, so it satisfies the multi-cultural food consumer in all of us! This recipe does take a little bit of time and patience to prepare, as it involves making 2 homemade sauces and stuffing the manicotti tubes....but it is well, WELL worth it!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sunny-anderson/maniladas-with-white-cheese-and-roasted-tomatillo-sauces-recipe/index.html
I made this dish a bit lighter by using skim milk instead of the heavy cream, and eliminating the sour cream from the mixture to stuff. I never missed it, and it was delicious! I also used Monterey Jack cheese instead of fontina in the cheese sauce, because I couldn't find the fontina at my local grocery.
Thank you to my sis, Kendra, who shared this one with me, and to her friend, Amy, who shared it with her. This will definitely be in my family cookbook to make again!
Wednesday, March 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment