This spring break is going by in a busy blur. It makes me totally wonder how I fit in time to go to work during my typical week! Motherhood is totally, TOTALLY a full-time plus job, and I am seeing that this week magnified. Today was insanely busy, busy, busy. After getting both kids to school and having a few minutes to myself while Hayden was in school, I picked him up and we enjoyed one of our favorite things: A picnic! Now, usually we prefer warm-weather picnics but, because there is still snow on the ground here in Michigan, we had to settle for Happy Meals on a blanket in the middle of the living room floor. There's not much that is more happy than sharing Happy Meals with my little boy on a regular old Wednesday afternoon.

After lunch, our little friend Braylin came over for a playdate. She and Hayden had fun playing Barbie's and pirates and horsies and Dora. Then, they dressed up and performed a dancing show for me, garbed in all of the strings of beads that I got from the Mardis Gras parades...so cute.

After Braylin left, we had only a few minutes to breathe before heading off to karate. Today was a testing day, meaning that the kids had to demonstrate their basic forms and movements in order to advance to the next belt level. We proudly watched as both of them became yellow-white belts....they have made so much progress and growth. And it is always fun to see them use their ever-strengthening kicks to break a board! And what kid doesn't like to break things once in a while! I was especially proud of Kennedy, who actually broke an adult board (as opposed to a kid board) today....she is getting pretty accurate and strong with her kicks.
After karate, we grabbed a quick burger at Wendy's before we were off to our high school's production of "Beauty and the Beast." And it was phenomenal. Very talented young men and women, great scenery and effects....it was hard to believe that those were high school kids out there. Both kids really loved the play and asked to go again. Who knows, maybe I'll see them on stage some day? We got home late--almost 10:00 pm--which means that tomorrow will be a tough morning to get the kids out of bed. But it was worth it, it was that good.
Tomorrow brings another school day, lunch with a dear friend, and a meeting about potentially starting to teach at a local scrapbook store. And then.....I hope I get to rest sometime during this crazy break! I'm a bit bummed that I won't even get a single PJ day on my break.....but I guess that's par for the course at this stage in my life. Good night!
After lunch, our little friend Braylin came over for a playdate. She and Hayden had fun playing Barbie's and pirates and horsies and Dora. Then, they dressed up and performed a dancing show for me, garbed in all of the strings of beads that I got from the Mardis Gras parades...so cute.
After Braylin left, we had only a few minutes to breathe before heading off to karate. Today was a testing day, meaning that the kids had to demonstrate their basic forms and movements in order to advance to the next belt level. We proudly watched as both of them became yellow-white belts....they have made so much progress and growth. And it is always fun to see them use their ever-strengthening kicks to break a board! And what kid doesn't like to break things once in a while! I was especially proud of Kennedy, who actually broke an adult board (as opposed to a kid board) today....she is getting pretty accurate and strong with her kicks.

1 comment:
Whew!!! I am tired just reading about your day:) Sounds completely successful all the way around, and yay for your karate kids:) Try to get a break in there on your break though, would you?:)
Post a Comment