Monday, November 10, 2008

10 on the 10th.

Can it really be November 10th already. Seriously, where did the last 3 months slip away to?

To be honest, this has been a really challenging month for us. But it is one where God is as always proving Himself faithful, and where we are being stretched and grown by Him in new ways.

In the stress and craze of the month, quite frankly, I lost focus of my commitment to better health. I only walked a few times scattered through the month. My eating hasn't been as good as it should have been. I haven't made time for creativity.

And, do you know what? That is real life. One of the things I wanted to do differently this time around was to make changes that will be long-term, not just for some isolated period of time to lose a certain number of pounds. And there will be those periods in life where healthy living takes a back seat.

So today is about getting back on focus and starting fresh. In those times of refocusing, I am thinking about the following ten areas:

1) Taking a long albeit BRISK walk today.
2) Restocking the refrigerator with veggies, fruit and lots of healthy options.
3) Making a dinner recipe from my lowfat crock pot cookbook.
4) Taking some time to create this afternoon.
5) Making sure to get 8 hours of sleep tonight.
6) Finding a couple of health recipes for later in the week.
7) Playing out in the snow with my kids (if it lasts until after school).
8) Pray and ask God for strength and focus.
9) Have a long time in God's Word this morning.
10) Stay encouraged and not beat myself up.

So how has the month of November gone for you?

No comments: