- I am so buried in papers and exams to grade that I fear I will be grading until Christmas Eve.
- Parent teacher conferences were this week, and I am so proud of my kids. They are doing well in school, yes, but most importantly, they are showing strong character and care for others. That is what is most important to us as they learn and grow.
- I was also in charge of Teacher Appreciation meal for conference week, so that took a good chunk of my week. We did assorted soups/stews with fresh breads and salads. It seemed to be enjoyed by all....but I must admit that chiseling dried on soup from 10 crock pots last night after work was no fun...yuck.
- Did I mention that I have a ton of grading to do?
- We finally broke down and purchased a Wii for the kids for Christmas. Hayden is so worried that Santa might not know what a Wii is. I have always sworn that my kids would not have hand-helds or video games, because I just can't stand seeing kids with their nose buried in a game boy, oblivious to social interaction. We will put STRICT limits on this game, as I'm thinking of limiting their playing time to weekends. So, if you know of any good family games that won't promote cognitive ROT, please let me know! I saw a veterinarian simulation that looked pretty neat for my daughter, who is very interested in animals.
- Speaking of veterinarians, the other day, Kennedy asked me "Mom, can vetrinarians eat meat?" It seems that someone at school told her that if you were a vetrinarian, you can't eat meat. This made me smile. Leave it to those vegetarians!
- So, in my professional life, I am a little behind on my grading.........
- My dad just called to let me know that my mom is being transported to Traverse City for emergency surgery. I will be leaving sometime today to drive 3 hours north, so we would really appreciate your prayers.
- And, yes, I'll be bringing my grading along for the waiting room.
- PS--I really can spell veterinarian. :)
Friday, November 14, 2008
My Poor Neglected Blog.
I really have no excuse, but things have been really busy. That, and I have been spending more of my computer time on FaceBook catching up with old friends, so this blog has not gotten as much of my attention as it needs to lately. So, you may wonder what has been going on around here lately, and here are a few snippets:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Two things....
1. Most important...I'm praying for your mom...and for your travels north. I hope everything is okay with her.
2. I have a Wii...I love it. :) The game that comes with it is very much a move around game. There are a ton of fun interactive games that you can get where activity is required. :) I would also recommend the Wii Fit. :) I love mine and has helped me get better balance so that I'm standing/walking correctly and has helped me become more aware of my body.
Post a Comment