So, I decided to start a new giving tradition this year, one that I will reserve for my dearest friends. My favorite Oprah show is her annual "Favorite Things" show, where she showers her guests with gifts of her favorite things from the previous year. While I obviously don't have anywhere near the same resources as Oprah--and while I certainly don't agree with everything she says and does--I do love her generosity and giving spirit. Following suit in my own little way, I decided to compile a little tin full of some of my very favorite finds from 2006. None of these things are extravagant in themselves, but each has somehow added a little sparkle and happiness to my life. I created a paper-and-ribbon covered tin with a large monogram to house the goodies, trying to make it one that could be used an displayed all year long. So, without further ado, my picks for A Few of My Favorite Things 2006 are..........1) "Notes" Journal--from Target, a simple, lined journal great for jotting down thoughts, quotes, and cute things kids say; 2) Keri Smith's "Living Out Loud"--A great and inspirational little book for encouraging creativity and innovation in everyday life; especially good at encouraging women to take time for themselves to nurture their creative spirits; 3) Days-of-the-Week Pad--discovered in the dollar section of Michael's--perfect for weekly meal planning or a week-at-a-glance and magnetized for refrigerator hanging; 4) Coin Purse--another great find from Target, came in so many fun colors (I thing I bought 4 of them for me!) but cost less than 5 bucks; the perfect size for your driver's license, credit card, a few dollars and coins, and maybe one of....... # 5) Cinnamint Lip Balm--Yum, yum, yummy for your lips! This Bath and Body Works tube is tingly with a warm hint of cinnamon; a perfect combination in my eyes....and on my lips.This Favorite Things project was really fun to create and pull together. I am only sending two out this year, but I am hoping to broaden it next year to include some of my dearest in my circle of friends and family.

No comments:
Post a Comment