Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Snowman Joy!


Snowmen have always been part of the holidays in our family. It is fun to look back at five winters' worth of photos to see the unique and fun snowmen who have been part of our family. The pictures above show the snow family that we made last winter, including a mommy, daddy, two kids, snow bunny, and snow mouse. I recall so clearly how excited Kennedy was to add the snow-animals to the family. And how wide-eyed Hayden was when he reached out to touch the snow-dad's head, which proceeded to fall right off! The other photo is from today, when the kids and I made this adorable snowgirl. Kennedy reminded me that this is not a snow-man but rather a snow-girl, because she is wearing pink gloves and hat. There is just something about a snowman that is such pure fun....so reminiscent of childhood winters past, so fun to see this little snow figure adorn our front lawn for weeks to come. Pure white adorned with a bright orange carrot nose, brightly striped scarf, pink hat and mittens and coal-black stones for a mouth and buttons. I had another idea for this year's Christmas card, but I'm thinking that I might want to use this series of photos to do something fun.....I'll be sure to scan and post the card when I'm done. Hopefully, that will be Friday's job.

No comments: