I wanted to share some home-made glimpses of Christmas that I have enjoyed in the past couple of days. The kids and I made some white chocolate mix and jarred it in cute wintery jars for the neighbors. This year, we are calling it "Dreamin' of a White Christmas" mix, because although we are in Michigan, we have NO snow and really, really, REALLY would love a white Christmas. We tied each jar with festive red ribbon and our family Christmas card, and Kennedy delivered each one by herself to our neighbors. I was so proud of how she played a little elf, walked up to each door and rang the doorbell, and bade each family a Merry Christmas from our family. She is just growing up so quickly before my very eyes.The second photo is one of a card that she made in kindergarten for us, coupled with a gift that she made. She even drew and colored the wrapping paper! These bits of construction paper and crayons just melt me to the core. I will surely miss it when my kids stop making me these types of gifts.....they are better than any store-bought gift or gift card that will grace our Christmas tree this year.
Well, I have one more gift card to buy and then I am officially done Christmas shopping for 2006. Good thing, because I am completely out of money! Tomorrow, we will be out of town for my husband's family's party and then back home tomorrow night--Christmas Eve!--so we can be truly Home for the Holidays! Kennedy just wants to know when our "real Christmas" is going to be, meaning when it is just our family. She likes getting together with her grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins, but she is really anticipating being at home on Christmas morning with her family. Until Christmas.......Merry eve of Christmas Eve!

No comments:
Post a Comment