my sister married her soul mate. What a gorgeous day.....two people very much in love, surrounded by the most important people in their lives. The perfect settings of a little country church in northern Michigan followed by a beautiful reception in the quaint snow-blanketed town of Traverse City. So many fond memories. How beautiful Kendra looked. How Dan looked at Kendra. My sweet, adorable little girl dressed in green with bright Christmas-red patent leather shoes. Both of my sweet kids dancing the night away with more energy than I could imagine. So a happy, happy anniversary to Kendra and Dan as they are celebrating their first year of marriage.....may God richly bless you with many, many, many more in this sometimes mysterious but always amazing and fulfilling marriage journey. We love you both very much.
Well, I am going to have to set my holiday preparations aside for a few days to finish my grading....Yuck. My least favorite part of my job. I had a house-full of students today for a little Christmas get-together, and it was a really fun time. We packed up a load of gifts to share with a family in need, and it was neat to see all these students--who don't have a lot of extra money--be so generous. The true meaning of the season. Giving. Serving. Spreading joy. Working together to impact lives for Jesus. Such a cool, meaningful thing. I'm so thankful that my kids got to be a part of this and see these "big kids" living out life for Jesus.

No comments:
Post a Comment