Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Blog Distraction.

As of late, I feel like I have lost a bit of focus with my blog. There are several reasons for this, including busyness due to the upcoming holidays, CRAZE at work related to piles of grading and lots of anxious students, the recent hospitalization of my mother, and my husband being gone hunting for several days. Basically, after making sure that the kids' needs are met and the house is {somewhat} presentable, I don't have a lot of gumption left. Hopefully, as the semester winds down and I settle into a more relaxed time, I will find some revitalization here.

It is 5:00 AM and I have been up for an hour. That is not unusual for me at this time of year, as I begin experiencing the anxiety that comes with end-of-semester responsibilities as well as the busyness of making sure all of the holiday preparations are coming together. Can Thanksgiving really be next week? I still can't believe how quickly the last half of 2008 slipped away.

As for Thanksgiving plans, we are going to be heading north to spend time with both of our families. On Tuesday, we will head to my parents where we will stay through Thursday after dinner. We will then head to Matt's parents for Thursday evening before returning home on Friday.

While up north, we will pick up a true north-country Christmas tree that will hopefully get decorated next weekend. I am not a black-Friday shopper, as I would rather pay 10.00 more dollars and NOT face the shopping craze. I actually have a pretty good jump on shopping this year and actually have a good chunk of my list taken care of already.

As for Thanksgiving cooking/baking, I will surely be baking my infamous autumn flurry cheesecakes. This is basically a pumpkin cheesecake adorned with chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, white chocolate, and heath bar crumbles. It is heavenly, and people ask for it every year. I have been making these for seven years now, ever since Kennedy was born. I am also planning to make cauliflower-bacon layer salad, another family favorite, and probably some squash bisque. Do you have any family favorite recipes that I should try this year?

Well, I am going to try to catch one more hour of sleep before starting the day with the kids. Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Sonja said...

Hey, I fully understand not being able to keep up on blogging:) I miss hearing about your activities, but I'll get by until things slow down for you all. I hope you're climbing your way out of grading papers.