Thursday, April 10, 2008

Campout!



The spring break board on Wednesday let us know that we were in for a campout....complete with a bon fire, hotdog roast, s'mores, ghost stories and tent sleeping. The catch? It would all happen right in our very own basement! So, we set up our little dome tent, got out the portable fire pit, and went camping! We roasted our hot dogs and s'mores, snuggled under the sleeping bags to watch "Eight Below" and "Ratatouille" projected onto the wall using our laptop.......and just had a great night camping under the stars, I mean, ceiling. Of course, the kids thought that it was all pretty cool and seem to be enjoying our little spring break. Of course, at one point, I said, "See, who needs to go on vacation to have a good time?" and both my daughter and my husband raised their hands.......so, maybe next year, we'll head off to Florida for a get-away vacation. But, for now, camping in the basement seems like a little getaway from everyday routine.

This is post #400 here on Table Scraps. I have entered this site 400 times over the past year and 1/2 to express my thoughts, share photos, ask for prayer, randomly muse over my life, express thanks to God for his blessings, rant and rave......it continues to be a valuable tool for reflecting on my journey, and I thank everyone for joining in in their own way.

When I get home from work tonight, I will make the draw for the Tiny Alphas. I got some pretty unique responses (thanks, Chad and Kendra!) and appreciate everyone who stopped by to play along. Actually, I really am curious to see what a pastor would do with Tiny Alphas.....maybe a new style of bulletin or a sermon prop? And I sure hope that I never need a kidney if my sister doesn't win!! Until later, you still have a few hours to enter the drawing......have a great Thursday.

7 comments:

Mena Lima said...

Have loved reading your blog, great family you have!

kendra said...

i probably would still give you a kidney but your chances improve if I win the loot. LOL. love ya, kd

kendra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sonja said...

That looks like the most fun:) Niles and my niece and I did that a few years ago in the living room, but I think we should do it again with the littles. Your little family is so sweet:)

Lori said...

How fun Nicole!!! Looks like you have had a wonderful spring break!!!

Have a great weekend!!

diana albright said...

i love setting up the tent on my patio... looks like you all had such a great time! love it!

Greta said...

What an awesome memory you have created! I would love to do something like that - how fun!