I've been sharing a bit of my sister's story. She and her husband have travelled through infertility and, as I write tonight, are staying in a motel across town. Tomorrow morning, medical specialists will extract eggs from my sister and a "sample" from her husband, and then they will fertilize the eggs through amazing scientific advances. They have made the decision to seek children through in vitro very seriously, very prayerfully, and with a good grip on the ethical and moral issues involved. I am inspired by how carefully and prayerfully they have made this decision. And so now, I am asking you to pray along with me and them. Pray that God's will be done tomorrow. That they would feel a great sense of peace, standing in the palm of His hand. And, that if it's God will, that my little niece or nephew's life would begin tomorrow. The procedue is at 9:30, so please pray for them. And, as my sister has written in every one of her blog posts throughout this journey....remember that God is good ALL THE TIME.
I saw this on a friend, Julie's, blog so thought it would be fun to share some fun ABCs about me today:
ABC QUESTIONS
A- Attached or single: attached
B- Best Friend(s): I don't tend to use this term. My best friend growing up was Julie, and I still count her as a deep soul sister, but I tend to have many different wonderful women supporting me in all different aspects of my life.
C- Cake or Pie: pie (pecan--me too, Julie!)
D- Day of Choice: Sunday and Friday
E- Essential Item (s): camera, CF Diet Coke, my iPod, scrapbooking goodies, my laptop
Favorite type of music: I love all kinds but contemporary Christian worship music is my favorite
G- Gummy Bears or Worms: Sour patch kids!
H- Hometown: McBain, MI
I-Indulgence(s): Chips/salsa/guacamole and classic Hershey's bars
J- January or July: July--Happy birthday to me!
K- Kids: 2
L- Last movie: Alvin and the Chipmunks with my little boy
M- Marriage Date: May 13, 2000
N- Number of Siblings: 2 sisters and 1 brother
O- Oranges or Apples: Granny Smith or Golden Delicious Applies (though I also love Clementine tangerines!)
P- Phobias or Fears: I am not really a fearful person, but I am not fond of snakes. I also have developed this crazy fear of dental work.
Q- Quote(s): "I am here to live out loud."
R- Reason To Smile: God has saved me by His Grace and works in my life each and every day!
S- Season: Fall
T- Tag : Anyone who wants to play
U- Unknown Fact About Me: In college, I was nationally ranked in 3-point field goal percentage in basketball.
V-Vegetarian or Oppressor of Animals--Hmmm? I believe that God provided animals to us for food sources, so while I eat meat, I don't consider that oppressive.
W-Worst Habit--Criticizing.
X- X-Rays or Ultrasounds: I cherish the ultrasounds that I had with each of my pregnancies. And did I mention that I hate dentists, so x-rays typically go along with that whole scene!
Y- Your Favorite Food: Authentic Mexican food or fresh seafood
Z- Zodiac: Leo, but I don't believe in the whole Zodiac thing.
Tuesday, April 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Nicci,
Know we are keeping K and D in our prayers over the next few weeks!
Love your alphabet and my thoughts are definitely with your sister.
Post a Comment