- Sorting through the piles of paper that have accumulated over the past week (lots of paper!).
- Helping the kids get their rooms cleaned (Can we say disaster areas?)
- Cleaning up debris from the front flower beds.
- Getting bills paid and filed away.
- Vacuuming.
- Scrubbing the floors.
- Dusting.
Hayden asked if he could go to his little friend's house, and I said "OK, for an hour, but then it's time to clean."
So he left, quickly. When he returned, he said, "Mom, did you get all the cleaning done?"
"No, Buddy. I saved it so you could help me." (Thinking all the while about the scripture that says "Parents, do not exasperate your children!").
"But, Mom (whining). I don't feel like it."
Me neither, Buddy. I would much rather be outside playing or scrapbooking or pretty much anything except cleaning today. But it will feel good to have it done, and we are having friends over for dinner after church tomorrow, and I would rather NOT have them see the state our house is currently in.
So, feel like it or not, we are cleaning today. Anyone else out there in cleaning mode on this warm April Saturday?

1 comment:
Hi Nicci!
We had the same kind of day. Only it was all outside stuff! Raking and shoveling and cleaning up the yard. Started at 930am and just stopped 10 mins ago. I'm ready for a shower and then onto bed!!
Hope you guys have a great relaxing Sunday!
~H
Post a Comment