Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Maybe it really IS spring!

It is so beautiful and sunny here today....it definitely feels of spring! The sun and warmth are good for the spirit, for sure! The kids and I played some softball and basketball outside in the yard, and it felt so good to be on the grass and playing in the sun again. Then, my husband came home and drew a "hopscotch" for the kids......well, really, it is an agility drill that he uses with his football players. When he got the timer out to see how fast the kids could do it, I let him know that he was taking it a bit too far! And, I wonder why my kids tend to be a bit competitive??!!

Here are a few photos from our time playing....the kids were so happy to be outside, that it was a VERY BIG disappointment when they had to come inside to get ready for their karate class.

















In other news....this past month has been reading month at Kennedy's school, and the K-4 students set a goal of reading 200,000 minutes collectively in order to earn their reward of going to Camp Manitou-Lin for a day of fun and activity. Also, if they reached their goal, the teachers agreed to spend the night on the roof of the school. GREAT NEWS! The students surpassed their goal, and the Brown teachers are having a campout roof-style tonight. They have invited all of the kids to come to the school at 7:00 pm tonight for a skit and bedtime story, and so the kids can see them off to the roof for the night......great sports, I must say! If you live in the area, be sure to honk if you drive by the school tonight! Kennedy read 3,480 minutes for the month and earned the TOP READER award for her class. She and 3 others in her class (the top 4 places) got to have a special pizza lunch today with Mrs. Hill, so I popped in to snap some photos of the kids.......it's always so special to have lunch with the teacher! It reminds me of 4th grade, when my teacher, Mr. Sanderlin, said that anyone who could go all year without missing a spelling word could go with him to McDonald's for lunch. Now, I was the type of student who was ON IT anytime a challenge was offered.....so I worked hard that year, and myself and Kaci Soltman earned the lunch. I will never forget that lunch, that's how special these kind of outings are to kids. The fact that at 35 years old, I still remember a lunch that I had as a 9-year-old.......that's pretty powerful. Great Job, Kennedy, with all the reading! She is now in Book #3 of the Harry Potter series and will likely finish this one by the end of the weekend.






For those of you praying for my sister and her husband....thank you! The egg retrieval went well, and 14 of my sister's eggs have now been fertilized. They will grow for the next day and then, on Friday morning, some of them will be transferred back into my sister's uterus. Hopefully, we will have word the following week that she is pregnant.....but we are very confident that God has this firmly in His hands, regardless of the outcome. Continued thoughts and prayers are appreciated!

Tomorrow brings another day of teaching for me.......3 of my 5 class periods are exams, so it is a bit of a reprieve and gives me some extra work time while the students are taking the exams. Of course, that means lots of grading for the next week.....but tomorrow it will feel really good! Then, on Friday morning, we leave for an area hotel where we will be spending the weekend swimming, eating, resting, talking and playing games with my family.....should be a great time. My sister will be on complete bedrest following Friday's procedure, so it is a bit of a bummer how the timing all worked out for her.....but we will keep her entertained, I'm sure! Kennedy got her new adorable bathing suit in the mail from Lands' End today, and Hayden and I picked his out at Target yesterday. And silly me.....I ordered what I thought was a full suit/tankini for me.....only to get it today from Lands' End and realize it was only the top....I was thinking that 59.50 was a pretty good price for a great suit.....but it doesn't seem so great now that I have to throw in another 30.00 for the bottoms......plus $29.95 for express shipping later.....the matching bottoms are on their way! Silly me.

1 comment:

Celebrate Today said...

Have a great time with the family!!