Sunday, July 20, 2008

I want to FROLIC with the GOLD QUILT.

OK, you may be thinking that this is quite a strange title.....but it has been what a good portion of my weekend has been about. We have lived in this house for nearly 3 years, and I have painted each room one by one. When we bought the house, it was VERY white with some nasty colors and wallpaper borders thrown in for effect. Since that time, I have added rooms of red and tera cotta and artichoke and rain and apricot and pencil and......frolic and gold quilt. These are the colors that my daughter and I selected from Sherwin Williams (Duration HOme.....paint so smooth like frosting, I highly recommend it!). The GOLD QUILT now graces the walls of our master bedroom, while we can FROLIC in the master bath any time we want now! Wow, that kinda' came out wrong...but so be it! It feels so great to have these rooms painted. I expect my new Pottery Barn quilt in the mail tomorrow or Tuesday, so I promise to post pictures when the look is pulled together. I'm also going to pull together a photo collage from our first 8 years and some other touches....should be nice if it turns out in reality how it is in my mind. The bathroom is so bright now, and I plan to pair the FROLIC green with touches of black and white.....and now to figure out how to camoflauge the powder blue counters? We priced out a new one today at Home Depot, and to get a nice Corian counter with a vessel sink and waterfall faucet (so cool!) is over 1.000.00....so.....it won't be happening right away. I can live with it for a while longer, I guess, and I'm still loving how bright and happy it all looks.

Besides painting, our weekend consisted of:

  • Me NOT being at CHA, which is a bummer....but I can't wait to see all the new product lines.
  • A little bit of scrapping.
  • A cleaning party! To my family's great dismay, I called a cleaning party to do some deep cleaning...and I love it when our house is clean and better organized. Now, if it could only stay that way.......
  • Today, we slept in until 10:30.....yep, we slept right through church. I can't remember the last time we all slept that long....I think we are still recovering from vacation.
  • Sorting shoes. It's amazing how many pairs of shoes that we as a family have amassed. I remember that the last time we had a garage sale, I had almost thrown the shoes away but opted to put them out and sell them for $1.00. I clearly remember a large van of immigrant farm workers coming and buying EVERY SINGLE pair of shoes we had...they were thrilled. And it put me in perspective. We will have many more pairs of shoes to give this year.
  • Planning for a little Speed Racer party that we are having for Hayden on Wednesday.
  • Planning for Kennedy's sleepover for late next week. This will be her first slumber party, so any tips from seasoned slumber party moms would be appreciated!
  • Purchased stain for the back deck....I hope to get it done tomorrow, weather-permitting, and then I'm going to pain an old table a dusty aqua to put on the deck. It should look nice when complete.
  • A work project. Yuck.
  • So happy that all 4 of us are back in one place. We have one more week to enjoy before football camp and then practice begins. Summer, where did thou goest?
  • Happy Sunday night!

1 comment:

kendra said...

we just painted with Glidden Diamond paint and it kicks Duration home paint in the keister! Thought you might like to know for the next room you FROLICK in! Plus, using Diamond will indirectly feed the 401K of your fam :) feels good to cover the bright white doesn't it? Enjoy!