Monday, July 28, 2008

Last Day of 35.

Tomorrow, I officially crossed over from the mid-30's to the just-past-mid thirties, as I celebrate my 36th birthday. I thought that I would post 36 things that I've done so far in my life--or life highlights--and then tomorrow, on my actual birthday, share 36 things that I hope to do/experience/attain in my next 36 years. These are certainly not all of my life highlights to date, but simply a sampling of what my life experience has been thus far, thanks to God's rich blessing and guidance:

1. Was born
2. Earned a Young Author's award in first grade.
3. Had the world's best teacher in 2nd grade (yep, Mrs. R., that's you!)
4. Asked Jesus into my heart and life when I was 7.
5. Was baptized when I was 9.
6. Became a fast-pitch softball pitcher.
7. Competed in a geography and history bee (both NOT my favorite subjects).
8. Graduated as the valedictorian and class president of my graduating class.
9. Was given a college athletic scholarship for softball and basketball--played for 2 years before transferring.
10. Bought my first car (a rusty blue 2-door Ford Escort, but I loved it).
11. Crashed my first car.
12. Travelled on a summer ministry team.
13. Was accepted to and graduated from the University of Michigan with highest distinction.
14. Did NOT run the Naked Mile while a UM student (but did observe part of it once).
15. Attended several U-of-M football games.
16. Earned an A+ in Dr. Rothbury's Statistics class....the most challenging academic course I've ever taken.
17. Walked across and stomped on the "M" tile in the diag. in Ann Arbor following my last final exam.
18. Purchased my first brand new car (a shiny silver Plymouth Breeze).
19. Was admitted into graduate school at Michigan State.
20. Earned a 4.00 in graduate school.
21. Earned a master's degree in educational psychology.
22. Worked at a professional development school.
23. Earned an Educational Specialist degree in School Psychology.
24. Got my first full-time "professional" job as a school psychologist in East Lansing.
25. Designed, conducted and wrote up my Doctoral Research and dissertation.
26. Becamed "Dr." when I finished my doctoral degree.
27. Traveled to Mexico.
28. Became a professor (age 25).
29. Met my future husband and fell in love for real for the first time.
30. Got engaged on my parents' wedding anniversary
31. Married my soul mate.
32. Became a homeowner and dog owner with my husband.
33. Became a mother when I gave birth to my first child, Kennedy, a beautiful daughter.
34. Gave birth to my second child, Hayden, a joyful son.
35. Had the privilege of being with each of my kids when they asked Jesus into their hearts.
36. Witnessed the marriages of my brother and sister.
37. Helped plant a new church.

Tomorrow.......36 hopes/goals/visions for the future.

3 comments:

Lori said...

I'm so off, I didn't miss your B-day!!

Love your list, I'm sure making that list brought back lots of wonderful memories!!

Have a wonderful Birthday!!!!

xoxo

Sonja said...

I hope tomorrow (which is really today) is as beautiful as you are! (I feel touched by greatness just knowing you by the way, that's an impressive list!)

ruth said...

Great list!! It would be cool to do a 'bucket list' type scrapbook journal as you cross them off your list. :)

Happy Birthday!