Monday, July 14, 2008

Lagged.

Today, we are jet-lagged....without having ridden a jet. Wow, do we all feel tired. Kennedy is at Grandma's house for the week, being spoiled. As for the rest of us, we spent the day trying to get up the energy to do laundry, get groceries, and get everything from vacation put away. You know the feeling....sometimes you need a week of vacation to recover from vacation!

Anyway, the refrigerator is full, the washer and dryer has been running non-stop all day, most of the camping supplies are put away....and I almost finished one scrap layout, too. We grilled pork for dinner, accompanied by a fresh salad and local corn-on-the-cob with freshly baked lemon bars for dessert. I must say that while I love to eat out and experience new foods, it felt really good to cook and enjoy a meal at home after so many days away.

Tomorrow, the clean-up will continue and, given that it is supposed to be near 90 degrees, we will probably spend most of the afternoon in the pool. And isn't that what July days are all about? Good night, friends.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Oh gosh, I hear ya!!! I need a vacation from the vacation!! I think I finally finished all the laundry and putting things away tonight!!