Thursday, July 17, 2008

Random Stuff on Thursday.

Imagine how my heart felt when I opened the mail today and, amongst the bills, was the sweet and unexpected card from Kennedy, who has been at Grandma's all week:
I'm thinking that I need to start an album of all of these sweet sentiments....to pull out when she is 15 and hates me!

Matt and Hayden left to go pick up Kennedy and are gone for the night; so, I have treated myself a bit. I started with an hour-long float on the pool; I hardly ever get time to just float, because the kids are always splashing and begging me to play dolphin or throw them or count how long they stay under water. This was relaxing and peaceful and quiet. Heavenly. And good for my tan to boot!

After my float, I browsed the aisles of Michael's for a while and bought some new scrap embellishments, including some cool clear sticker borders from Hambly. I then treated myself to dinner at Red Lobster, where I enjoyed calamari and an exquisitely wonderful dish of baked tilapia topped with......of all things, macadamic nut white chocolate butter sauce. It sounds interesting to say the least, but it was so complex and unexpected and delicious. Apparently, this was the winning recipe from the Next Food Network Star competition....and it was definitely a winner with me!

We have officially entered birthday season around here. Hayden's was last week and we are having a little friends' pool party for him on Wednesday. Next Tuesday is my birthday, followed by Kennedy's on Friday, which means a sleepover for her little friends. Whew. If I have a third baby, I have to time the birth for winter for sure!

I'm settling in to watch "Hopkins" and do some scrapbooking. The house is quiet, just Ruby and I, and I'm enjoying every minute of it but also missing my family and can't wait for them to get back tomorrow.

2 comments:

Celebrate Today said...

Wow. All of that alone time sound blissful. I realize jealousy is bad, but I can't help it! :)

Heather said...

Sounds like you had a great day! I agree with Julie, jealousy is bad...but it's hard to not be!!!

Have a great weekend! Good luck painting your bedroom-can't wait to see pics!!
~H